Mar 1, 2022
Is it just me? Am I the only one who’s lonely? Am I the only one
without friends? If you’ve ever asked yourself these questions,
then today’s episode is for you!
Today, Mary is joined by the founders of the widely popular
“Sister, I Am with You” and authors of the brand new book, “I'll Be
There (But I'll Be Wearing Sweatpants)” - Amy Weatherly and Jess
Johnston! Through wisdom, humor, and confessional stories about the
ups and downs of sisterhood, “I'll Be There” provides readers with
the how of cultivating deep relationships in this messy, chaotic,
On today’s episode, Mary, Jess, and Amy tackle all things
friendship and finding your people to do life with!
- How to dismantle the lies you’ve believed about friendship
- Why it’s important to invest in the right friendships
- Ways to make friendship the priority it should be in your
- The importance of loving yourself so that you can find people
who will love you for you
- If you are ready to find your people and feel completely
accepted as you are - from the top of your messy bun to the tips of
your unpedicured toes - then today’s episode is a must listen!
Follow Amy and Jess here!
Grab a copy of “I’ll Be There” here!
MORE FROM MARY:
- You can find show notes for this episode at
- For more inspiration and tips on owning your muddy story:
- Find Mary on Instagram @marymarantz
- Find Mary on YouTube by searching for the Mary Marantz
- If you love this episode, we bet you would also love Mary’s
first book Dirt, all about growing up in a trailer in West
Virginia, before going on to Yale for law school. It is a story of
redemption and how we make peace with our past. You can find that
at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Target online or anywhere, books are
- Don't forget to pre-order Slow Growth Equals Strong Roots while
you're there, too!
- Finally, if you are loving the show, will you take a minute to
go rate it with five stars and leave a review? Wherever you listen
This helps us get the show in front of so many more people and
continues to help us book amazing guests for you here, like we have
for you all season long here in the Slow Growth Equals Strong Roots
Season. Thanks friends, we’ll see you again soon.